- Celebrate World Alzheimer’s Month with a Hearing Test! - September 21, 2020
- Sounds That Could Harm Your Hearing - August 24, 2020
- How Treating Hearing Loss Supports Your Brain - August 16, 2020
Pacific Northwest Audiology held a conference for the benefit of consumers on November 12 to demonstrate the new technologies for connecting hearing aids to a TV, MP3 player, smartphone, or other devices… including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
The theme of the conference was “Hearing Aids Just Got Cool”, and our intention was to show how the new connecting technologies were changing the perception of hearing loss for hearing aid users. With Apple in the mix, the old stigma associated with hearing loss is quickly disappearing into the dust of the past!
This was a very rare event because it made manufacturers accountable to consumers. Industry professionals from ReSound, Phonak, Starkey, Widex, and Lyric were on hand to present their technology approaches, followed by a panel discussion/Q&A session and individual demonstrations. There were morning and afternoon sessions, with a lunch buffet common to both.
Special conference offerings included:
- Special discounts & risk free trials to sample the future of hearing aid connectivity
- A coupon for FREE home support to get you connected
- Two Kindle door prizes
We were very pleased with the turnout for the conference. Around 80 people attended, and the interaction was both lively and informative. We will definitely have more of these consumer-oriented conferences…look for one in the Spring.