- A Link Between Hearing Loss & Second Hand Smoke - April 13, 2021
- A Link Between Hearing Loss & Cardiovascular Disease - March 23, 2021
- A Guide to Buying Hearing Aids - March 15, 2021
The days of uncool hearing aids are gone!
…and the stigma of hearing loss is settling quickly into the dust of the past. That is because Apple, the symbol of cool consumer electronics, is working with hearing aid manufacturers to pair hearing aids with the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch through Bluetooth wireless technology. That’s right…no wires…cool!
But what if you don’t use an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
Don’t worry! Similar technology can, or soon will achieve the same results with other operating systems, including Android and Windows. Whether it’s streaming audio from Skype calls, a TV, MP3 player, smart phone, or other computing device, or connecting directly to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can bring the world to your hearing aids…and that is cool!
How is this new technology changing everything?
Control! Traditional hearing aids offered limited user control because the electronics and buttons were restricted to hearing aids the size of a kidney bean. But that has changed with wireless connectivity, which allows hearing aid functions to be managed…without wires…by smart phones and other devices. Cool!
What does this mean to consumers?
Among other things, wireless connections allow users to view battery status, locate their hearing aids, change the settings of their hearing aids, and quickly apply an audiologist’s environmental presets when they enter different acoustic locations. With user controls outside the hearing aids, consumers can also listen to directions from a GPS while driving, participate in phone conversations, listen to music, and use a growing list of additional functions from iOS, Android, and Windows apps. Cool!
The Bottom line?
- Wireless connections let users adjust their hearing aid settings with a smart phone
- Connectivity provides apps to improve the lives of people with hearing loss
- Hearing aids are becoming desirable, even for those who don’t need them
- The stigma of hearing loss is gone…the future is filled with better hearing opportunities
- This is very very cool!
Pacific Northwest Audiology Is Leading The Way
Our Special Holiday Gift through December
- A special discount and risk free trial for you to sample the future of connectivity
- Free home support to get you connected with our products
- We will bring the world to your hearing aids!
Whether it’s streaming video and audio from your TV, phone, or computing devices, or connecting directly to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch…we have a solution just for you.